MMA Cage Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay's LW Ranks #2

5 posters

Go down

Jay's LW Ranks #2 Empty Jay's LW Ranks #2

Post  Jaye Dub Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:42 pm

#1 Victor Gillean (2-0-0)
Gillean beat a major player in Dub, he was almost KO'd but he turned the tables and got a quick TKO after a takedown. His stand up is weak, it's his wrestling and ground strikes that make him great. His sub defense has to be good against Rex.

#2 Rex Williams (2-0-0)
Lack of competition puts Rex at number two. His first real test will be Victor. If he can't get a quick submission, he will probably lose like Dub did.

#3 Jaye Dub (1-1-0)
Jaye might have lost to Victor, but he proved his stand up game is the best in the lightweight division, maybe aside from Taylor (still not sure after Taylor's sloppy performance). He is a game opponent for anyone. A fight with Williams would be great to see.

#4 Terry Barnett (0-0-0)
Old IFA vet will be great on the ground. Will he follow the hype?

#5 Prem Boonyaratglin (1-1-0)
He had a solid debut but a horrible second fight. Let's see where he goes from there.
Jaye Dub
Jaye Dub

Back to top Go down

Jay's LW Ranks #2 Empty Re: Jay's LW Ranks #2

Post  victorgillean Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:48 pm

Yippee!!! #1, too bad it won't last that long as I have a sneaking Suspicion that I am gonna lose to Williams.

victorgillean

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Williams Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:12 pm

victorgillean wrote:Yippee!!! #1, too bad it won't last that long as I have a sneaking Suspicion that I am gonna lose to Williams.
Haha, you really sure about that, guv?
Rex Williams
Rex Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  victorgillean Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:15 pm

Yup, I always get butterflies before the results come up. For some reason I expect to lose every match. I get really nervous and lose all confidence.

Any1 else get these nervous butterflies?

victorgillean

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Williams Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:18 pm

victorgillean wrote:Yup, I always get butterflies before the results come up. For some reason I expect to lose every match. I get really nervous and lose all confidence.
Any1 else get these nervous butterflies?

Haha, not me. Fighting is fun! Laughing
Rex Williams
Rex Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaye Dub Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Victor Gillean vs Williams Breakdown...

Victor has the edge in the stand up big time with his clinch punches. Although, his sprawl is weak, and he is likely to get tooken down if he stands, so it's not a good idea to stand. On the ground, Williams has the edge on top position. However, when Victor is on top it's 50/50. Victor can get the quick TKO or Williams can get the quick tapout.

Smart idea is to go for a quick takedown for Gillean. He can't afford to stand and get tooken down. His best chance is in top position where he can try his ground strikes and have a fifty percent chance of getting the TKO or getting subbed.

Williams needs to get the takedown. If he does that, he will more than likely win quick, but it depends on Victor's untested sub defense. That's his best chance. When on bottom, he still has a good chance to get the sub too.

Odds are Williams will get the sub, either on top, bottom, or standing. But there's a 25% chance Gillean can get a takedown and unleash his ground and pound long enough to get a TKO.
Jaye Dub
Jaye Dub

Back to top Go down

Post  msp Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:47 am

Well there is soon gonna be a new fighter here in the top 5..... me MSP ..... martin st-pierre i have seen a few of you fight and have been here waitin scouting you guys and i know i can take you hopefully we can get some more compettition cuz of wat ive seeen theres only 3 good lw so far

msp

Back to top Go down

Post  victorgillean Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:28 pm

The only downside for me is that I rarely ever change my strat. I just leave it at what it is. every time I have edited my strat for a fight I have lost. it's kind of a bad omen for me. But the downside is, I edited it for Williams.

victorgillean

Back to top Go down

Post  Business Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Before I even had a fight I was top 5, I think you've got the right idea here partner.

Business

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down